The ComPac AVPA wall mount air conditioners are our most popular units and are built in cooling capacities of 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 5 and 6 tons (12,000 BTUH to 72,000 BTUH). The HVEA high efficiency air conditioners have cooling capacities of 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, and 5 tons (24,000 BTUH to 60,000 BTUH). Both the AVPA & HVEA use R-410A refrigerant and are suitable for operation up to 120°F (49°C). (For operation above 120°F (49°C), please see the AVPC air conditioners.)
Due to the high heat load in telecom shelters, the air conditioners have the controls and components required for operation in cold weather. These include:
- Low ambient fan cycle switch cycles condenser fan to maintain proper refrigerant pressures.
- Three minute bypass of the low pressure switch allows the compressor to start when outdoor temperatures are below 55°F (13°C).
For reliable operation, the each air conditioner has:
- High pressure and low pressure switches with a lockout relay.
- Three minute delay on make to prevent destructive compressor short cycling.
- Dry contacts for remote alarm in the event of a high or low pressure lockout.
- Two inch (50 mm) pleated filter.
For ease of service,
- Service access valves.
- LED's to indicate operational status and fault conditions.
The AVPA and HVEA wall mount air conditioners are available in both the ComPac I and ComPac II configuration. The ComPac II has a factory installed economizer which, when outdoor conditions permit, uses outside air to cool the shelter. The economizer can dramatically reduce energy and operating costs by limiting the run time of the compressor and outdoor fan motor. (Please see the ComPac AVPA/HVEA product data sheet for a complete description of the operation of the economizer and examples of energy savings.) The ComPac I air conditioners have a manual damper capable of pressurizing the shelter by bringing in up to 15% of the rated air flow of outside air.
TWO STAGE COMPRESSORS
The HVESA 3, 3.5, 4 & 5 ton models (36,000 BTUH-60,000 BTUH) are built with two-stage compressors. First stage cooling is approximately 65% of the total cooling capacity. The 2-stage compressor provides lower start-up amps which can be critical when operating with a generator. The two stage compressor also reduces energy costs and is able to more precisely match the cooling capacity of the air conditioner with the heat load in the shelter
Numerous options are available to meet special requirements. (Please see the Product Data Sheet for a complete listing and description of the options).
- Coastal Environmental Package - recommended for units installed near the ocean.
- External Low Noise Blower - used to reduce the sound of the unit in urban installations.
- High Efficiency Filters
- Cabinet color and material. The units are available in several colors and can be constructed of stucco aluminum or stainless steel.
The ComPac I and ComPac II AVPA and HVEA units are built for operation on a variety of power supplies. Units are tested to Underwriters Laboratories and CAN/CSA standards, listed by ETL, and rated for performance and efficiency according to the ANSI/Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute Efficiency Standard 390.
Get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader here.
Instructions for Downloading Marvair Literature
In order to quickly download a pdf, please right-click on the file name and then save to your hard drive. After saving to your hard drive, then open the pdf using Adobe Acrobat and either print or view. At times, attempting to open a file instead of downloading can cause the file to open very slowly or stall at a certain point. Also, firewalls or anti-virus programs can cause errors or stalls. If you have problems downloading any Marvair files, please contact us at email@example.com and we can send the file to you via e-mail.
AVPA, HVEA & HVESA (R-410A Refrigerant) Current Models
AVP (R22 Refrigerant) Models